The Communications Coordinator advances the mission of Tudor Place by promoting the site and its activities across all platforms to generate visitation, digital engagement, and donations. The Communications Coordinator manages press affairs, the website, advertising, email campaigns, the museum’s blog, and Tudor Place’s social media presence. The Communications Coordinator also helps ensure the quality of museum-wide branding through editorial and communications content and document design. This position works collaboratively as a member of the Development team.
Press & Public Relations
• Press Contacts – Follow relevant media to maintain contact information and lists. Contact them to encourage coverage of museum news and activities.
• Public Relations – Serve as primary point of contact for media and liaison between staff and media requesting information, interviews, tours and other assistance. Serve as spokesperson or identify appropriate staff spokespeople; as needed, brief and help prepare staff for media appearances.
• Events - Host and collaborate with other departments to host occasional media or other invitational events to promote initiatives and programs.
• Press Releases/Promotion – Publish and circulate press releases for major museum events and initiatives.
• Press Page (website) – Maintain archives on web and in-house server of published articles and press releases.
• Branding – With the Director of Development, communicate a consistent branding messaging across all platforms and all departments.
• Photography and Videography – Serve as staff photographer/videographer and/or arrange professional photography services for select activities. Maintain and share in-house files of promotional images.
• Style Guide – Update and maintain organizational Style Guide and design specifications, encouraging its implementation on all museum writing and publications.
• Editorial - Assist staff as needed with content, editing, and proofreading of documents including newsletters and the Annual Report.
Digital Communications & Marketing
• Website - As webmaster and editor, write and/or assign and edit content for calendar, blog and other pages, and select and edit accompanying images. Oversee projects outsourced to web design consultants.
• Social Media – Oversee planning of content and posting to multiple social media feeds, tracking post analytics. Create and place advertisements and promoted posts as needed
• Email Communications – Create, edit, and assist departments with list management and email creation for “eblast” campaigns and other outreach using Constant Contact. Produce and distribute monthly Event Update emails.
• Analytics – Using Google Analytics, track results of posts, ads, and other digital initiatives. Using site analytics, track results of social media campaigns and posts.
• Database Management – Use Altru content management system as needed to track press or other constituents.
• Budget – With Director of Development, develop strategic plan for allocating budget across all platforms and monitor results through analytics.
• Media Placement – Schedule advertising/media on print, digital (web, social media) and other platforms, such as AdWords. Consult with Education & Visitor Services Department as needed on allocation of its separate Rentals Marketing budget.
• Ad Design – Create ads for multiple platforms.
• Track vendor contracts and pay bills.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
A passion for history, fine and decorative arts, and public gardens and horticulture – the stuff of a historic estate museum and garden – is essential.
The ideal candidate will also have:
• A bachelor’s degree
• At least three years’ experience in professional communications and marketing, including website/blog responsibilities and/or SEO and analytics management.
• Experience managing social media accounts and feeds with demonstrated results and visibility.
• Strong personal (professional) social media platform and demonstrated brand is a plus.
• An active press relations network.
• Email marketing experience including familiarity with Constant Contact or similar programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of sources, contacts, and outreach possibilities beyond current efforts
• Excellent writing, editing and communications skills
• Public speaking skills and ability to address small groups and engage in networking events.
• Proficiency with HTML and online editing, particularly in WordPress.
• Proficiency in digital design software (Adobe InDesign or Photoshop or similar programs).
• Familiarity with digital and marketing analytics.
• Ability to collaborate, juggle multiple ongoing projects, and navigate competing demands of a multifaceted workload within time deadlines.
• Strong organization skills and ability to meet ad contract and submission deadlines.
• Knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords
Please submit resume, writing sample, and cover letter including salary requirements by email to Helen Hubbard-Davis, Director of Finance & Administration, at email@example.com. Please include ‘COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR’ in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Tudor Place is an Equal Opportunity Employer.